RAC 1.55% $1.31 race oncology ltd

Well, isn't this something. I'm a little confused by some of the...

1. 830 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9064
    Well, isn't this something.

I'm a little confused by some of the report - it would have been far better for shareholders if the full report had been released to the market. None of the figures are linked to the lines of text, and it's difficult to understand the assumptions they made for number of patients and the $ value for each. I think the key takeaway here is that for a SINGLE indication in a very small patient population, RAC is valued north of $5B dollars (~$32 per share) if anti-cancer efficacy and cardio protection is determined. I think it's also fair to say that some of this report is fairly conservative.

What everyone really should be focusing their attention on is reading this paper: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34076564/

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5176/5176015-a9c2fcf0d06e34963137605d11ce004b.jpg

The last sentence is the one that everyone needs to be associating themselves with: "our findings provide a mechanism underlying breast cancer doxorubicin resistance".

Clearly, Zantrene is the best FTO inhibitor in the world currently by a long shot and while we don't know exactly how just yet, we have seen some phenomenal cardio-protective function in humans and in mice. So, what do you think the anti-cancer implications are going to be when patients cancers that are treated with Doxorubicin begin to increase their FTO expression status? I suspect that cancers treated with Doxorubicin and other anthracyclines will upregulate expression of FTO or the cells that are already over-expressing FTO will survive treatment, which is where the combination of Zantrene will show true anti-cancer efficacy. Remember also that only small doses of Zantrene are required to inhibit FTO in humans.

I suspect that whatever the assumptions this group made for the efficacy of Zantrene in cancer patients did not fully understand one of the key mechanisms influencing Zantrenes MoA - FTO inhibition. I am confident of this because of the necessary time it would take to understand FTO and its influence on the hallmarks of cancer. Therefore, I suspect that the potential annual revenue would be significantly higher than what they have released to us because the likelihood of Zantrene having a benefit in high-FTO expressing populations is much greater.

Naysayers could argue that there isn't much research out on this topic and they are right, well, except for the dozens of papers that have found similar upregulation of FTO and syngery of FTO inhibitors and knockdown models in other anti-cancer therapies. What we really don't know is how many patients cancers will upregulate FTO as a result of Doxorubicin treatment - I think that number is larger than what this report is suggesting.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.31
Change
0.020(1.55%)
Mkt cap ! $217.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.31 $1.31 $1.26 $71.25K 55.65K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 200 $1.27

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.31 5950 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.31
  Change
0.020 ( 2.18 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.30 $1.31 $1.26 10789
Last updated 15.59pm 26/04/2024 ?
RAC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.