RAC 3.23% $1.80 race oncology ltd

Ann: Race Strategic Update August 2023, page-121

1. 872 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1076
    IMO, the strategic review has something for everyone !

* For the narcissist HC trolls, they are have a ball throwing cats amongst the pigeons
    * For the nervous holders, many probably repeating their previous mistakes selling out when an annoucement is released that they don't fully understand on a stock they don't fully understand. They've been here before...

* For LT & investors who have reseached RAC, the strategy clearly articulates the roadmap and plans to bring home the bacon !

Sure the timelines have shifted (welcome to biotech or most other sectors, eg mining). But the strategy paper & DCB's presentation show a clear determination & direction to achieve an outsized commerical outcome from bisantrene. We haven't had this until now....

A few of things to bear in mind....

- Firstly, many of the BoD & management team have significant skin in the game. Sure DCB has not bought shares on market (as highlighted before there are personal reasons for this), but there are alot of performance options held by DCB & others that are currently well out of the money. Most of the BoD and management have much more to lose financially in lost oportunity than any of us if this strategy does not work out. They are motivated both financially & professionaly !

Secondly, look at the quality of the recent professions; employees, KOL's, and research & educational bodies that have recently joined the RAC team bus. It's an outstanding world-class quality group. These people & organisations don't waste their valuable time & intellect on drugs/biotechs that are likely to fizzle.

Thirdly, the science is robust. All the reseach results continue point to the block buster potential of bisantrene. If anything near term expected results are likely to amplify this !

Fourthly, the Triangle paper is clear on the potential commercial value of bisantrene.

For the purpose of balance, there are a couple of things that I think should/are needed in the new strategy.

1. The strategy paper & video is extremely complex (heck, even Dr T needs a few days to digest it !). RAC would do well to also provide a simplified/dumbed down version so that new investors and non-experts (like me), can more easily digest and understand. Then refer to the detailed strategy for further insight.
    2. I disagree strongly with the decision to hold back key research results until papers are published or conferences presented at. Investors, imo, should not be left in the dark on data that would directly impact their investment. (By way of example, ASX annoucement 30/6/22 'Zantrene Protects Mouse Hearts from Chemo Damage, says paper aiming to published by end of 2022, but Prof Sverdlov's paper still not out, so under the current communications approach we & the market would still not know about this discovery).

To all the sellers think they can time the market by selling out now and buying in later at a cheaper price, I say good luck to you , that's a risky strategy. A partnership or commercial deal could come at any time and blow that thinking out of the water. But I respect each investor has to make their decisions. For the record, I bought more in SMSF yesterday.

Anyway that's my take on it. I'm looking forward to tonights preso & investor meeting in Melbourne next week. Good luck in your investing !

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.80
Change
-0.060(3.23%)
Mkt cap ! $313.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.86 $1.91 $1.79 $148.3K 80.50K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 380 $1.80

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.82 167 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.26pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RAC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.