DEG 5.60% $1.23 de grey mining limited

Ann: RC drilling confirms large scale gold system at Hemi, page-129

1. 1,522 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 845
    Agreed "lezok" re huge potential here and would not sell my DEG shares eg to increase my investment in any of 10 other gold explorers/ developers I hold as I feel it is only the beginning of the DEG story... and backers will come themselves with huge bags of investments money to help DEG further explore or to share the future development as gold is one of very few prospects in the current "new economy"...

Made quite a few mistakes of eg "falling in love" with stocks but the most painful experience was to sell eg NST when unhappy with director's selling (and since then never had a chance to get back ... unhappy to pay more and NST went up another 5x plus I've missed out on huge dividends) and similarly left a lot on the table selling IGO after it decided to share Tropicana with Anglogold... etc etc....
    DYOR ...
    Looking fwd to further results and love to read about the DEG' success as eg Ash Melanko wrote earlier today somewhere else:
    • Reverse circulation drilling at De Grey Mining's (DEG) Hemi Prospect has confirmed a large scale gold system
    • Drilling has confirmed two separate parallel gold zones, Aquila and Brolga
    • Gold grading up to 3.4 grammes per tonne was identified at these zones
    • Diamond drilling will begin shortly to test for sulphide rich alteration
    • De Grey's share price has spiked 40.5 per cent today with shares currently trading for 26 cents apiece

Reverse circulation (RC) drilling at De Grey Mining's (DEG) Hemi Prospect has confirmed a large scale gold system.

The ongoing RC and aircore (AC) drilling is also continuing to define sulphide alteration along strike and down dip on sections spaced 80-160 metres apart.

Since recommencing drilling in January, 13 RC holes (HERC001-HERC013) and three RC pre-collars (HEDD001-HEDD003) have been completed at Hemi.

A diamond core rig is onsite and has begun with HEDD001 to target along strike and down dip extensions of the sulphide rich alteration zones.

The Hemi Prospect is a new gold discovery at the Mallina Gold Province within WA. The first AC drill results were reported in December 2019.

Encouraging high grade results were reported on the 6th and 11th of February and a significant increase in sulphide alteration zones was identified on February 26.

Initial RC drilling results confirm strong gold mineralisation is associated with extensive sulphide rich alteration.

Brolga Zone

A total of seven RC holes have now been drilled at the Brolga Zone and two have been planned as precollars for diamond extensions to test mineralisation at depth.

Drilling has highlighted the overall sulphide alteration extends over 200 metres wide and down to the current depth of 150 metres below surface.

Significant results from Brolga include 93 metres at 3.3g/t gold from 39 metres, 51 metres at 2.2g/t gold from 98 metres, and 12 metres at 1.9g/t gold from 140 metres.

Further results are pending.

AC drilling is currently testing along strike of the northeast trending Brolga Zone with lines spaced 160 metres apart.

Aquila Zone

Drilling at Aquila focused on confirming the strike orientation of the high-grade gold zone previously defined in earlier aircore drilling.

Several aircore and nine RC holes have now been completed along strike.

Significant results from this hole include 38 metres at 3.4g/t gold from 55 metres, 11 metres at 3g/t gold from 193 metres, and 42 metres at 2.7g/t gold from 96 metres.

Two RC holes were completed 50 metres east of Aquila to assist in determining strike orientation.

Both of these holes intersected strong sulphide mineralisation and assays have confirmed the continuation of strong gold mineralisation.

All other RC assays results for the Aquila zone are pending.

"Early drilling at Hemi has produced some of the best discovery intersections that I have seen. Drilling to date, shows exceptionally wide, continuous and good grade mineralisation," Exploration Manager Phil Tornatora commented.

"Geological indications suggest that Hemi may be more of an intrusion related style of gold system rather than the more typical orogenic shear hosted style deposits of the Pilbara and other WA goldfields," he added.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.23
Change
0.065(5.60%)
Mkt cap ! $2.935B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.18 $1.25 $1.18 $8.991M 7.344M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 16760 $1.23

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.23 2000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DEG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.