SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

Correct, 75% of the votes cast on the resolutions that will be...

1. 12,161 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 433
    Correct, 75% of the votes cast on the resolutions that will be put forward by the way not eligible votes. If their own shares are not eligible to cast a vote on those specific resolutions then it will be interesting but with a debt provision still hanging over SGH it would be madness to go against it or they can push the company in to a Voluntary Administration and pick up the remaining shares for near zero.

The per share price to acquire the remaining 4%? I wonder why they would need to buy them in the first place whilst the company is still listed on the ASX because in theory the company should not remain listed with one party holding this amount of issued capital. Delist from the ASX first then pickup the remaining 4% through a share buyback and use surplus funds the company generates, whilst issuing debt to support the company in the short term. Essentially let the company pick up the tab for its own shares and strike them off the register instead of putting up more of their own capital. If they did this a share buyback might use a 3 month VWAP as the buyback price and in the meantime use a 3rd party to keep the price down. So something less than the current price but more than a Voluntary Administration would yield would be my guess.

Friendly? Nope, not exactly but then this isn't about friends its about money.
    Last edited by Amused observer: 01/07/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.