SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

Ann: Recapitalisation and AGM, page-52

1. 2,060 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 312
    You could learn quite a lot WE.

One thing is about negotiation power.

We have the votes. If we give the company away now we are gone. Someone else will benefit. If we vote NO it is unknown what will happen but it gives us at least a chance to get a better deal.

SGH and the American lenders are now begging for support. I wonder why current shareholders are not mentioned? Another reason to vote NO for me. The below email request for votes seem a bit desperate to me?

It is a NO to the American lenders poor proposal from me and a NO to the SGH directors from me.

Column 1
    Column 1
    Column 1
    0 Slater and Gordon Shareholder voteDear Shareholder,Slater and Gordon has recently taken significant steps to reposition the business and strengthen its capital structure that will ensure its long-term financial viability. Shareholders are being asked to vote on the proposed Recapitalisation plan at the Company’s upcoming AGM, scheduled for 10.00am on 6 December 2017 and we need your support. Every vote counts.We ask that you carefully read the AGM Notice of Meeting and Explanatory Materials, which details the terms of the Recapitalisation and the fresh start it provides for Slater and Gordon both in Australia and the UK. We are confident that the comprehensive plan we have put forth, which is supported by our proposed reconstituted Board, new shareholders, and re-focused business strategy, will underpin Slater and Gordon’s position as Australia’s top consumer law firm. This renewed focus also underpins the decision to exit the UK market, providing an independent UK business the flexibility it requires to complete its own transformation. Importantly, the Company’s Senior Lenders, led by Anchorage Capital Group, will become majority shareholders once the Recapitalisation is approved. The Company’s investors believe in the strength of the Slater and Gordon brand, the franchise and its people. For those of you unfamiliar with Anchorage, it is a global investment firm which has a strong global track record of restructuring businesses and nurturing their turnaround. Successful investments in Australasia include Alinta Energy, I-Med Imaging and MetroGlass, in addition to many successful turnarounds in Europe and the USA including companies such as MGM Studios. I share their vision, which is why I have agreed to become Chairman of the renewed Slater and Gordon Board if the Recapitalisation is approved. I thank you for your attention and resilience during these challenging times for the business. Once the Recapitalisation is approved, Slater and Gordon will go back to doing what it has done successfully for more than 80 years - making a difference to the many thousands of people who need affordable access to high quality legal services.I am excited about Slater and Gordon’s future and look forward to serving our shareholders as Chairman. Slater and Gordon’s workforce is its greatest asset and as part of the Recapitalisation, the new Board and leadership team will have the financial backing and strategy to modernise the business by investing in systems and staff.
    Your vote matters. If you have any questions, you can reach out to the shareholder information line 1300 393 803.

Thank you for your continued support.James MacKenzieProposed Chairman

[/table][/table]

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.