TGR 0.00% $5.22 tassal group limited

I want to pick your brain.I am trying to understand what...

1. 5,639 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 541
    I want to pick your brain.

I am trying to understand what management of a business like Tassel should do to avoid an offer like this. Should they have raised more in 2019 and anchored the dividend for the 4 years journey they were on? Should they have rather borrowed more and fixed the term longer and lower?

Did the Huon mess create headwinds for TGR?

My frustration is that I end up being sold off just after the extra primary risks are going. They invested in prawns and have succeeded in integrating the businesses. Had they failed we would have been sold out at under $2.00. Now that they can see cash flow that will repay borrowings and create value for shareholders they are now a takeover target.

I can see a deal being done I and as many as want to point out that its not a great deal will get flooded by short term measurement and off Cooke will trundle with the buried gold. They have said we are being paid a premium , they have pointed out interest rate risk - what they never point out is why they would want all this hassle unless it was to make a lot of money.

So why would I continue to invest in Australian Agri stocks - franking credits are not enough. None of our banks get takeover offers - There are way better banks from an investment point of view overseas - cheaper, not as high pay-out but slow growth...

I am starting to feel that its not worthwhile investing in Agri in Australia. You never get to the good days. Webster and the water cotton business Tandou - all delisted and taken over. There are a lot more.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.