AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

a few thoughts . the “theory” that China (Chinese companies)...

1. 1,810 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1461
    a few thoughts .

the “theory” that China (Chinese companies) have a plan to take this project on the cheap (if not the “rightful” owners) using the persistent murky parties exploiting a catastrophically weak/fragile political system is not new. NF and longs have been constantly aware of this possibility and this is why these manoeuvres have and are still being met with a robust refusal to submit : something that newcomers of last few years may not fully appreciate . Anecdotally , Huayou (our first major mining investor and once on the board) famously bragged (it was claimed on this board) that in fact Manono was essentially theirs . They are still a major shareholder to this day . This tactic was perhaps always an 11th hour option if AVZ hadn’t previously succumbed and just as well as NF ensured that it didn’t . People either forget or don’t know the history .

alleged leaky AVZ ship has probably not helped the 11th hour option getting traction . Worth stating at this point that the big boys often get things wrong in spite of all the odds on their side .

militarily we see the power of the west undoe the sheer bankruptcy of autocracy , human indecency , human subjugation … a noteworthy lesson which has not been missed . The battle cry of freedom, decency , respect for others rights has underpinned the economic strength and military / technical prowess of the west . The system has made appalling mistakes in the past and is far , far from perfect but it’s the closest we have in engendering fairness , respect of others and freedom of individual from oppression and control .

it may not have fully filtered through but it’s a bad , bad time to be seen as playing against the western ideals (and very publically) when their trading favour is instrumental to everyone’s development . We are accelerating into a new technical and social integration both of which are going to be astoundingly developed and symbiotic . Well managed and mankind will/should reap the rewards . The world is changing faster and quicker than we know (and old players can keep up with). We see this in our daily news rounds . Maybe I am being starry eyed and over idealistic but I reckon this new era can only be or has to be harnessed into a free and uncontrolled system of humans and their unfettered inventiveness with altruistic underpinnings .

blah , blah but basically letting this play out in Paris and with the language and mindset that’s is now globally on show is not at all smart and conducive to the new emerging world and the geo-political mindsets required to thrive in it.

the old Brics and G7 is already outdated as the people of the world leapfrog into the new technical age and possibilities for living (and doing so happily with each other on this planet).

hope DRC see this and agree with it as I think it’s coming . They can have a big part to play in this . They’ll get off to a faster start the quicker they take the cake baking exercise out of Paris and fire up their own ovens with the best chefs with the most lucrative restaurants . The people of DRC/Africa deserve a great future in this new world , more than most I would think .

just my opinions

I can’t see this ending badly so long as AVZ keeps enough cash. The mgmt will have had this well covered . If you can bear the wait (no option I’m afraid ) the deal will come . Very interesting the implied project value (even more so as publically aired by counter parties ) . It aligns with many old post valuations …. Elphamale and co. I think maybe. it is beginning to look like this has not been thought through by the counter parties . Maybe , because of the past , they have always won through by bulldozing using power rather than thought and respect .times a changing thought - massively .

I do sense that valuations are the key to unlocking this situ . Shareholders and AVZ will no doubt have a price on their project and other parties , also , an idea of what it’s (fairly) worth to them . It’s quite revealing that the actual bone is becoming more visible . Progress I would say . Meanwhile I need to get back to my Christmas lists.

AIMHO

Good luck all

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.