AVR 1.84% $21.30 anteris technologies ltd

It is odd trading, agreed. I think everyone agrees the...

1. 285 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 192
    It is odd trading, agreed. I think everyone agrees the announcement was a good sign, the share price blipped up following it, but then was sold into quite heavily, to the point it finished on a low not just for the day but for many weeks. It's not a certainty, but it does add to the circumstantial evidence of trading games by bigger players. Selling into good news is always suspicious. MC have been selling down to realise a tax loss (known); Ratty (or MC? I'm not sure which) just dropped $500k on the directors part of the placement (also known) which suggests strong belief in the company remains. Here's my speculative hypothesis: if the only reason MC are selling is for tax purposes, and they still regard the stock as a good investment thesis, then they're going to want back in at some stage, and will want to do so at the best price they can. So what to do? Shake the tree, spook the retail holders, get them to sell cheap out of fear. It might not be MC, could be another player. And yes, could simply be someone else wanting a tax loss, it is the time of year to be doing it. As I said, speculation. The two things I do know are: one, that big players don't play fair and if they want your shares they'll psych you out of them on the cheap if they can...while they're pushing the price down on one side they're soaking up your sales on the other...the answer to which is simply don't play with them by not selling, and take their shares gratefully if you have the means/appetite...if they want my shares they'll have to pay up big time; and second, don't be distracted by the short term share price movements and stay focused on the company's business performance, trading will happen but ultimately if the company keeps growing its revenue and hitting its targets the fundamentals will rule. Perversely, if we see more trading action such as selling into good news it suggests big players are interested and building a position, which is a good thing longer term. Sentiment: mad to sell!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$21.30
Change
-0.400(1.84%)
Mkt cap ! $409.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
$21.46 $21.50 $21.15 $56.44K 2.653K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 51 $21.30

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$21.42 10 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$21.31
  Change
-0.400 ( 0.37 %)
Open High Low Volume
$21.49 $21.50 $21.29 203
Last updated 15.59pm 02/05/2024 ?
AVR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.