LYC 1.15% $7.71 lynas rare earths limited

I had many of the same questions. Extension just makes no sense...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 7,650 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 509
    I had many of the same questions. Extension just makes no sense with the cash on hand. It does mean a much better cash flow in Q3 2022 % H2 but everybody is expecting a negative flow with all the Cap EX that is happening. In fact every Q CC for a about a year someone has asked why flow is positive. Usually indicates slipping projects. I do not see why they would care.

I do not think Lynas will walk away from Texas. I said the day they were awarded the Grant that it would cause large delays never seen one that hasn't and I have seen several. I was booed on this board by many people including AUS who said AL would never make a mistake like that, many times. They have plans and detailed drawing all done to go to Texas part of the USG submittal a year ago. To start over somewhere else would certainly add more delay and cost. Time will tell. Rereading all the reason they gave initially for Texas still apply to relocate now would just be for spite and that is never good management. Blueline announcement https://wcsecure.weblink.com.au/pdf/LYC/02106823.pdf
    Original 2025 plan https://wcsecure.weblink.com.au/pdf/LYC/02107222.pdf.
    I do not know who owns all the plans but because of USG grant it might be Blueline. More likely USG since they paid for it. If so another party could take over, that would not be good for Lynas. Put a small C&L in front of the Blue line plant and all set up to process MP or anybody Elses. Yes much harder to start up without Lynas but it could be done. Do not forget Lynas started up with little experience and they were hindered by NC management.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.