LOM 0.00% 6.5¢ lucapa diamond company limited

just noticed... LOM is on the wiki list...!...

1. 2,547 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 85
    just noticed...

LOM is on the wiki list...!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_rough_diamonds

wiki list.png

----------------------------------------

was still trying to find some $$$ value..... peer comparisons for "The 404".... (i still cant find a figure for that ANGOLA stone)

anyways... i like a Cullinan stone from 2009 as an example of a peer.

Flagships diamonds found in the Cullinan Mine are as follows.... with number 4... "The Cullinan Heritage"... the most recent.... and quite similar to "The 404".... though it is bigger.

1 - "The Cullinan" - found in 1905 (3106 carats)...

2 - The Golden Jubilee" - found in 1985 (755 carats)...

3 - "The Centenary" - found in 1986 (599 carats)...

4 - "The Cullinan Heritage" - found in 2009 (507 Carats)... details as follows....

Name: "The Cullinan Heritage"
    Mine: Cullinan Mine, in Cullinan, near Pretoria, South Africa
    Date Found: 24th Sep 2009
    Uncut Size: 507.5 carat
    Description: exceptional color and clarity / white diamond
    Time to sell: sold 4.5 months later on Feb 26 2010
    Seller: Petra - London
    Buyer: Chow Tai Fook Jewelry - Hong Kong based
    Sale price: $35,300,000 US

A little blurb from Petra below....

"..........After an extensive viewing process, with buyers traveling from around the world to South Africa to examine this exquisitely beautiful gem, the Cullinan Heritage was sold by Petra on tender......

..............Dr Cheng Yu-Tung, Chairman of Chow Tai Fook Group, who is known as “The King of Diamonds” in the Far East, was delighted with the acquisition. “This spectacular and high-quality diamond is very rare and exceptional. Chow Tai Fook Jewellery’s repeated success in acquiring world-renowned diamonds is backed by Chow Tai Fook Group’s strength and endless pursuit of perfection in providing our customers with unique diamond pieces.......”

After an extensive viewing process, with buyers travelling from around the world to South Africa to examine this exquisitely beautiful gem, the Cullinan Heritage was sold by Petra on tender in February 2010 for US$35.3 million, the highest sale price on record for a rough diamond...."

http://files.investis.com/petradiamonds/ar2010/the-cullinan-heritage.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/diamond-sold-for-record-breaking-353m/

cbs petra diamond.png
    -----------------------------------

the "Cullinan Heritage" has since been cut... and the biggest stone ended up at 104 carat... a flawless showpiece

http://www.jewellerynewsasia.com/en...veil-104-carat-Cullinan-Heritage-diamond.html

chow Tai Fook.png

---------------------------------

anyways... i think what i now understand is that...

Cullinan is huge government backed operation... with decades of history... is working at hundreds of meters below ground... has massive facilities etc etc etc.... and they have managed a handful of massive stones.

Lulo / LOM / Lucapa and partners... have a few "big diggers... a basic processing circuit... and have only been scratching around in relative topsoil... and yet have managed "The 404"... and are hinting strongly that 259 / area 6 and 8 are rapidly becoming something very special.....

so here we are.... with LOM nipping at the heels of the big guys - if only when it comes to "flagship" diamonds.

and... we are selling into a post QE world... flush with new money... in 2016.... so much further away from those GFC blues.

liking this story a lot

bsh
    Last edited by bigshareshead: 24/02/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LOM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $18.85M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.5¢ 6.5¢ 6.5¢ $15.85K 243.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 88793 6.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.5¢ 6867 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LOM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.