RED 2.44% 42.0¢ red 5 limited

Now that SBM are off the table with the SLR/GMD offer, I am...

1. 534 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    Now that SBM are off the table with the SLR/GMD offer, I am assuming that the talks with SBM never really went anywhere or will go anywhere in the near future? Or will new talks begin with new owners?

Red 5 participates in strategic consolidation discussions from time to time. Red 5 is in ongoing discussions with St Barbara (SBM) regarding potential
    operational synergies:
    ● KOTH offers a low-cost, expandable milling capacity supported by 16 years of base load feed from KOTH open pit
    ● Combined KOTH and Gwalia Ore Reserves of 4.9Moz1 located ~30 km’s apart
    ● A lower cost base offers the potential to optimise the Gwalia underground and unlock open pit opportunities, such as Tower Hill
    ● Provides greater flexibility around capital initiatives and future expansion opportunities
    ● There can be no assurance, however, that these discussions will lead to a transaction being concluded with St Barbara:
    ● Accordingly, Red 5 shareholders and investors are cautioned not to place any reliance on the potential for a transaction with SBM - refer to “Risk Overview” section of this presentation

Does this mean RED may be under a more watchful eye now from GMD(have they any more pennies to play with?), or can SLR come in and look to make a T/O offer after having swallowed a bit of pride on potentially losing out on the SBM deal?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RED (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
42.0¢
Change
0.010(2.44%)
Mkt cap ! $2.857B
Open High Low Value Volume
42.5¢ 43.0¢ 40.5¢ $55.01M 131.2M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 136340 41.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
42.0¢ 2109264 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RED (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.