RED 2.70% 36.0¢ red 5 limited

I never thought WilliamPike and I would be in such furious...

1. 2,337 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1300
    I never thought WilliamPike and I would be in such furious serious agreement - having watched the Money of Mine podcast on the reverse takeover (aka "merger'), I'm at a loss why people think this strengthens SLR case - They clearly show, quoting Cannacord research, that all of SLR's supposed assets, Mt Monger, Deflector and of course Sugarloaf, have very short mine life, despite having the living daylights drilled out of them .... these are assets approaching the end of their economic life for gods sake !!
    Sugarloaf was bought cheaply for a reason - and its in Canada where Aussie companies have not been successful, especially when managed from Perth - the idea of pumping more money into this in the hope some local company will M&A it is ludicrous.

As for the hedging - get a grip - it ends in mid 2026, and in the meantime, those hedged oz's are being sold for more than A$600 per oz profit - they are not mining at a loss !! If the more "out of the money" hedges are bought out, the other hedges can be profitably be allowed to expire naturally.
    Up until the announcement of the "surprise" reverse takeover, MW was was extolling the virtues of the "King of the Mills" and RED's accelerated debt repayments, with the prospect of renegotiating the debt into a credit facility .... WTF happened ... or was it all one big lie, after all, they had being doing "due diligence" for the past 3 months, including a visit to Sugarloaf ???
    This is a snow job and it appears MW is SLR's Manchurian candidate ??
    The sight of RED exec's squirming trying to defend SLR assets during the "webcast" was disgusting ... no Cool Hand Luke or other SLR exec's present ??

Will RED survive without this deal ... of course ... will SLR survive with the long term earnings of KOTH .... not IMHO !!!
    Although KOTH's mine life is stated as "only 15yrs", this is very conservative, and completely over looks 2 factors:
    1. RED has an exciting portfolio of near regional prospects, most owned and some not, but the latter need a milling solution that only KOTH can feasibly provide economically,
    2. KOTH extraordinary logistical advantages of being the most efficient mill, with long term cheap gas, close to the main highway, close to the airport, superb worker camp and conditions etc etc, means that it remains the logical centre for definitive regional consolidation - KOTH will be the last mill built in the area for the foreseeable future !!
    SLR is a GLORIFIED CASHBOX WITH TAX CREDITS IT CANT USE .... this is Dorian Grey company that needs other companies organs to survive.
    Reject this deal - ignore all SLR propaganda and propagandists - Help is on its way.
    HOLD tight and hope the POG remains strong and the market doesn't crash.
    Last edited by MIStragic: 07/02/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RED (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
36.0¢
Change
-0.010(2.70%)
Mkt cap ! $2.448B
Open High Low Value Volume
37.0¢ 37.8¢ 36.0¢ $9.825M 26.88M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
18 1862724 36.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
36.5¢ 2312588 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RED (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.