ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 2,443 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1364

Red 5 Limited (RED) - KOTH growth will support larger operation (Petra 8/9/22)

RED continues to grow the King of the Hills (KOTH) orebody, adding another 340koz to the reserve primarily within the open pit, and lifting the overall resource by 6% to a significant 4.75Moz. Whilst this has added 1-2yrs of mine life, we see further upside as drilling progresses (orebody remains open in all directions), operations are stabilised and further optimisation determines the ultimate processing rate. We see a pathway to 6-8Mtpa for minimal capex, which could deliver over 250kozpa for the first 5-6yrs and +200kozpa over the 16yr mine life.
    Maintain BUY, $0.47/sh PT (prev. $0.48/sh) after updating for FY22 financial results and adjusting for cost inflation.

Global resources grow to 6.6Moz in a Tier-1 location

• RED’s overall resource position at KOTH & Darlot is up 10%, now standing at a significant 6.6Moz
    • KOTH resources are up 6% to 4.75Moz, with the overall reserve up 13% to 2.7Moz (Figure 1)
    • Confidence in the orebody is improving, with grade control drilling adding 110koz in the KOTH open pit (more tonnes at the same grade), indicating the initial resource estimate was conservative; optimisation of pit cut-backs has added a further 260koz (Figure 2)
    • Darlot resource has grown 25% to 1.84Moz as drilling expands key underground mining areas, plus adding new deposit; whilst reserves are down after mining depletion, drilling & studies will grow reserves in FY23

A large orebody to underpin future expansions

• Further resource/reserve growth expected from:
    1. re-optimisation of the open pit at a lower cut-off grade to convert substantial tonnage of “waste” into “ore” and reduce the strip ratio (Figs 3 & 4); 2Mtpa at 0.5g/t could be added to the mill feed
    2. extending the underground mine life through resource to reserve conversion (only 20% currently) & ongoing extensional drilling (Figure 4)
    • KOTH plant consistently at/above 4.7Mtpa nameplate, with steady-state operations expected in coming months once mixed ROM stockpiles are processed and a consistent feed of fresh open pit ore is supplied
    • Optimisation study underway, with potential for 5.5-6Mtpa for minimal capital in the near term, and 7-8Mtpa for $50-60m in the medium term.
    • An option to install a ball mill to expand up to 10Mtpa could be considered, however would be require additional sources of feed

Key Dates Ahead

• Oct. ‘22 – Sep. Q’22 production result
    • Early Dec. ’22 – KOTH optimisation study

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RED (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.