RED 0.00% 42.0¢ red 5 limited

Red 5 Limited (RED) - KOTH growth will support larger operation...

1. 2,344 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1306

Red 5 Limited (RED) - KOTH growth will support larger operation (Petra 8/9/22)

RED continues to grow the King of the Hills (KOTH) orebody, adding another 340koz to the reserve primarily within the open pit, and lifting the overall resource by 6% to a significant 4.75Moz. Whilst this has added 1-2yrs of mine life, we see further upside as drilling progresses (orebody remains open in all directions), operations are stabilised and further optimisation determines the ultimate processing rate. We see a pathway to 6-8Mtpa for minimal capex, which could deliver over 250kozpa for the first 5-6yrs and +200kozpa over the 16yr mine life.
    Maintain BUY, $0.47/sh PT (prev. $0.48/sh) after updating for FY22 financial results and adjusting for cost inflation.

Global resources grow to 6.6Moz in a Tier-1 location

• RED’s overall resource position at KOTH & Darlot is up 10%, now standing at a significant 6.6Moz
    • KOTH resources are up 6% to 4.75Moz, with the overall reserve up 13% to 2.7Moz (Figure 1)
    • Confidence in the orebody is improving, with grade control drilling adding 110koz in the KOTH open pit (more tonnes at the same grade), indicating the initial resource estimate was conservative; optimisation of pit cut-backs has added a further 260koz (Figure 2)
    • Darlot resource has grown 25% to 1.84Moz as drilling expands key underground mining areas, plus adding new deposit; whilst reserves are down after mining depletion, drilling & studies will grow reserves in FY23

A large orebody to underpin future expansions

• Further resource/reserve growth expected from:
    1. re-optimisation of the open pit at a lower cut-off grade to convert substantial tonnage of “waste” into “ore” and reduce the strip ratio (Figs 3 & 4); 2Mtpa at 0.5g/t could be added to the mill feed
    2. extending the underground mine life through resource to reserve conversion (only 20% currently) & ongoing extensional drilling (Figure 4)
    • KOTH plant consistently at/above 4.7Mtpa nameplate, with steady-state operations expected in coming months once mixed ROM stockpiles are processed and a consistent feed of fresh open pit ore is supplied
    • Optimisation study underway, with potential for 5.5-6Mtpa for minimal capital in the near term, and 7-8Mtpa for $50-60m in the medium term.
    • An option to install a ball mill to expand up to 10Mtpa could be considered, however would be require additional sources of feed

Key Dates Ahead

• Oct. ‘22 – Sep. Q’22 production result
    • Early Dec. ’22 – KOTH optimisation study

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RED (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
42.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $2.857B
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 20349 45.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
39.5¢ 41268 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 09.58am 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RED (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.