OAU 20.0% 0.6¢ ora gold limited

We are on course and managed very well by a Geologist who knows...

1. 7,303 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1087
    We are on course and managed very well by a Geologist who knows the business.
    Disappointment seems to be the length of time we are taking, not the quality of the results - I guess some folks are just hard to please.

A 52m zone of 2.5 to 13% copper I would say was a good result..

I emailed Tony this morning and he replied immediately, I am sure he won't mind me repeating his words here, and the reasons he wants to be as sure as possible before committing big $ to diamond drill holes :

Thanks Michael,

No question that we need to look deeper, and that has always been the case.

My issue has always been trying to find exactly WHERE to site the deep holes.  

Diamond core is only 6 cm across (or less) by the time you get down 400-500m.  That’s not a lot of area that you’re using to try to find a totally hidden body of mineralisation.  Proverbial needle in a haystack.  Which is why we have persisted in following the pipes that we’ve found nearer surface on the valid technical theory that they are linked to the deeper source material.  As someone once said on HC (and I paraphrase): “if you’re in the middle of a forest, you stay on the path – don’t strike out into the middle of the forest as you’ll just get lost.”   

The pipes are our path, so we’ll continue to try to follow them as we get deeper so that when we do drill deeper holes they will be targeting something that has geological merit and aren’t just wildcat “hail mary” holes looking for a lucky hit.  

Cheers,
    T
    Last edited by mabrook: 24/08/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.6¢
Change
0.001(20.0%)
Mkt cap ! $42.84M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.6¢ 0.5¢ $154.1K 26.62M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 4006600 0.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.6¢ 25343180 18
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OAU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.