RMX 0.00% 0.1¢ red mountain mining limited

Mattilla, I agree totally, integrity and capability of...

1. 34,916 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 480
    Mattilla, I agree totally, integrity and capability of management is very important. I have invested early in very successful explorers turned miners and I have invested early in a number that have ultimately failed. In all cases, there were CR deals along the way that conceptually as a current investor I wasn't happy about. But I soon learned that these deals are integral and necessary because they tie up, in effect, a future source of capital when it is needed. The simple fact is you need these deals to survive. So yes maybe, the company doesn't need the money now, in fact I agree and have said previously, they don't, but they will need to tap into easy money in the future. I personally am very strong on integrity of management but there are some areas you just need to give a bit of leeway if you want to succeed in speculative explorer investment. Otherwise investment is better spent on more mature miners.

You ask me if this particular decision is in the best interest of shareholders right now. I agree, by raw factual short-term view, no probably not,, and I have never said it is. But this is the real world here. Cash is king. Management must make their decisions with a long-term view. Often this does not immediately benefit current investors.

The jury is open on management. I think they are far better than the previous mob but in the end you are judged on results and it is far too early to make that judgement.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RMX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.