RMX 0.00% 0.1¢ red mountain mining limited

Ann: Red Valley Drilling Update, page-225

1. 34,916 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 480
    Sorry that's completely wrong, when someone be it a broker/fund or individual wants to accumulate a position they create a shakeout and cause a sell off in a stock to scare off interest and allow them to soak up shares over a period of time between certain price levels without causing the share price to push up.

I suspect you are being facetiously misleading. I know you are a smart guy, surely you understand what I am saying is not the circumstance you are portraying and arguing about. Nothing you say above I disagree with in general theory. I am invested in stocks right now where I believe the above is exactly happening. But these are companies with increasing revenues or on the verge of significant revenue.

What you portray above assumes one, some inside knowledge of results, and two that there is no competition from other 'want to be' investors. You see you can't control the share price of a stock if you aren't the sole accumulator, it's a competition for shares, you and I compete against each other. So if you truly believe, against my argument, that some broker or fund has some inside knowledge of good results that is not publicly available and not known by anyone else, and won't be known for a while to come, then yes, they could potentially setup a plan to, over a period of time, to shakeout weak hands to accumulate at lower prices. More realistically, in this scenario though, if results were available to the privileged, then my personal experience is that, if one knows, someone else who wants stock also knows, which means their close friends might also know, and results will be released soon anyway, then the fear of missing out or timing a 'sure thing' will induce higher volumes and an upward push of the share price. You can only control if you don't have competition.

Imo the current share price is explained away very simply. There are no results yet. The share price has had an excellent increase since late last year so has induced many new investors (and traders) sitting on ok profits waiting with baited breath for the outcome of these first drilling results. It's a highly speculative mining explorer putting its first drill holes in a new prospective area. Short-term high risk share price movement could move significantly up or down, and therefore it is not for the majority of investors and is why there is little volume or share price movement atm. As I said watch the share price for significant changes in volume, it could provide the hint that results are petering out via the grapevine.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RMX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $3.873M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.1¢ 0.1¢ 0.1¢ $789 789K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
40 40327291 0.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.2¢ 123946083 39
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.06am 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RMX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.