RFX 0.00% 9.7¢ redflow limited

Good insight @noody2 - tho I suspect it'll be lost on many...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 3,447 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 940
    Good insight @noody2 - tho I suspect it'll be lost on many here!

No moving parts and small cells companies are having multi GWh success ... eg. all of the Li-ion chemistries + EOSE in ZnBr + traditional PbA, PbC + etc.

Large cells with moving parts (ie. large flow batteries) are having success ... eg. ESS, CellCube, HBr etc are having multi-GWh success. ESI announced iron flow manufacturing in Qld is our local example (@Treed - maybe this is what the Qld minister was talking about some months ago ... not RFX?)

Honeywell and others aiming for a much much much greater flow battery cells still (think Orica Botany scale chemical plant tanks/pumps). The Vn flow battery in China is a taste of this scale.

Small cell flow batteries are unique to Redflow. ZnBr hybrid flow, is unique to Redflow (now that the others have gone bust). The belief that complex small cell flow batteries can be scaled up to grid-scale storage, is unique to Redflow (and some investors who post here).

IMO, Redflow's battery is too large for most domestic applications (240kg + you need at least 2 of them). Each is the weight of a HWS ... full of water!! How can they compete with batteries that are light enough for a single person to install?? And ... they're far too small/expensive/complex for the grid. There's a potential niche for a small window in opportunities like the BoM and US bank job, but the fact that Redflow couldn't compete with PbC in Australian Telco towers ... and that they'll have new tech soon that outperforms Redflow in a similar small cell ... indicates to me that Redflow will be never be able to compete in these markets (the PbC manufacturer made money on the Telstra deal ... Redflow lost heaps of money on the smaller Optus deal)..

Redflow investors appear to be contrarian investors ... in many many ways.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RFX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.