RFX 0.00% 9.7¢ redflow limited

I don’t think the tech has legs from here. I think there was a...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 598 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 174
    I don’t think the tech has legs from here. I think there was a short window for it from about 2015 to now, if they’d been able to make a reliable one at about half the price of la lithium battery. That was their initial promise years back - “storage at a fraction of the cost of lithium”, but they never delivered. Now lithium is so cheap, and ZnBr so heavy, the transport costs alone mean it’ll never get competitive. You need three people and a truck to lift a 280kg battery - manufacturing in Oz and then transporting to the US sounded crazy to me, and the X10 was only ever going to be marginally better.
    by the time anyone resurrects this, solid state lithium and lithium sulphur will be on the market with energy densities of >600Wh/kg, and RTE >90%, no chance ZnBr will compete.
    im just kicking myself I didn’t listen to the warning bells when they tried to solve the problems with Flex by saying they’d manufacture in-house. It was an engineer’s response to a business problem, and absolutely an indicator that they didn’t know how to get a reliable product mass-manufactured.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RFX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.