RFX 4.35% 11.0¢ redflow limited

When a business is looking at a relatively new entrant to the...

1. sjl
    1,203 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 322
    When a business is looking at a relatively new entrant to the market to supply a product, there is a lot more due diligence to be done in comparison to a relatively established and well known participant in the market.

Redflow, for all that the company has been around for a long time, is a relatively new entrant. The 2 MWh project is a useful data point in evaluating the company's tech, but it's still only a data point, not the whole story. It is no surprise to me that a contract this big took so long to be signed.

Other businesses that are interested in Redflow's tech will be watching this project closely: are there delays, are there cost overruns, how does the tech perform once it's in place, etc., etc., etc. Once it's all up and running, it'll be easier to win more work on this sort of scale. That's just part and parcel of establishing a business and a new technology.

I'm cautious simply because this is only one project, and there's so much riding on it from Redflow's perspective. But if it goes well, if there aren't any repeat performances of prior problems with the tech, then I'd fully expect to see more done along these lines in the near future. It would seem that the prior 2 MWh job was fine - if it weren't, Redflow wouldn't have won this project - so the signs are positive, but again: this is only a starting point, not a "hallelujah, all our problems are solved!"

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RFX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.