RRL 3.48% $1.67 regis resources limited

CBA is a horrible stock compared to tech...I don't understand...

1. 460 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 109
    CBA is a horrible stock compared to tech...

I don't understand the comparison. Take a shot at Regis in relation to other miners within the sector perhaps, but makes no sense to compare a company within one sector, to the performance of an entirely different sector.

Conversely, just to play devils advocate you have to ask why that is. Is Regis just unloved and smashed down with sentiment at rock lows due to years of hedging & poor management decisions, overpaying for tropicana at the time etc and the last seller has almost sold and now unappreciated by the market and is ripe for a proverbial comeback and a massive undervalued opportunity?

Or is the price down due to concerns about growth, the longevity of duketon assets, the outlook for mcphillamies etc valid and its cheap for a valid reason, with the stock likely to have a slow grind lower over the coming months/years until someone makes an offer that is insulting, but will be accepted due to lack of options and shareholders get rinsed?

I know which side of the fence I sit on, and may well be wrong, but personally I lean towards the former scenario than the latter. I've said numerous times here what we should be looking for is a few good quarters of cash build, dont touch McPhillamies in the short term, and institute a token buyback with some of that cashflow to signal some support for the company and avoid being prey in an M&A scenario. Ideally coupled with some directors buying to have some skin in the game.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RRL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.