ATU 0.00% 0.5¢ atrum coal limited

Of course there is no way of being sure which way this will go....

1. 545 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 138
    Of course there is no way of being sure which way this will go. I have 75K of deep red here and I have a number of options. Buy to average down so that if there is some turnaround I have a better average; Convert the loss from paper to real while considering the opportunity cost by tying down the current residual value; Wait and hold to see what transpires by early 2022.

Like a couple of you folks I considered going for averaging down but the residual value is not worth the worry and so I have decided to hold current paper losses to see what happens and use the tax write-off next year rather than this year if things do not improve.

I am also not forgetting the Anthracite which is a more difficult project logistically but as coal projects decline generally as they will, the carbon will be still required for industrial purposes, battery applications, carbon filters and carbon steel (even in so called green steel). This could be a consideration in relation to predictions of supply and demand before selling out next year but bottom draw for me now.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.