KPO 25.0% 0.3¢ kalina power limited

Ann: Regulatory & Project Development Update, page-3

1. 10,903 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1743
    Sadly I assumed that the Investment Tax Credits, as part of this year's Canadian budget was a done deal.

Researching it further after today's announcement and find that it's not far along the legislative process and the Canadian parliament does not sit again until the last week of January 2024.

The bill could still pass fairly quickly through parliament, ie February/March, however that depends on whether any amendments are voted through in the senate or it gets sent to a senate committee.

No wonder there are delays with funding. The ITCs amount to a significant portion of the cost of the individual projects and thus the investment returns.

Fortunately for me laws are made in Canada the same way they are made in Australia which I have great knowledge of. To become law a Bill is introduced in parliament, it then is read three times in the house in which it is introduced and then passes to the other house for three readings, if it passes through both houses without change (amendment) then it goes for Royal Assent (a formality) to then become law.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KPO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
-0.001(25.0%)
Mkt cap ! $7.459M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.3¢ $318 105.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
19 19172267 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 7468723 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.59pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KPO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.