MNS 0.00% 4.2¢ magnis energy technologies ltd

I have a few issues with the implication of your post, one, for...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,839 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 272
    I have a few issues with the implication of your post, one, for instance is Origin seem to push Tesla products. Have you asked them if they'd drop whatever agreement they have for a local player? Townsville-Battery-Power, Mighty-Magnis-Storage, or whatever they call themselves? Can a local line be added with such ease? Do they want a local line when Tesla and the likes have a name for quality? Will customers embrace them over Tesla? (I've known a few people who have bought these systems, and they all ask for Tesla).

As for Oz and BHP, you think they're going to want/need battery storage in 3-5 years? It seems to me if they had a business case and were doing it, they'd do it sooner rather than later because there's a business case. This limits them to new projects in 3-5 years time, plus the delay it takes for the new entrant to establish themselves. I mean how much of this storage does this proposal need to capture to be viable? How much of the local market? Or export market? These are all numbers analysts will have produced, if they were serious.

This announcement is incredibly light on details, by design or mistake, i do not know. What i do know is if this report is ever tabled and released, it will be an interesting read!

(Just so we're clear, i see massive potential for this technology in Australia but i believe Australia's low population density, geographical spread and poorly connected national grid limit a local manufacturer to very specific locations. There's also the Johnny-come-lately issue to overcome. A new brand built from scratch when the market will most likely be saturated in 3-5 years when this proposal gets up, if it ever does. I don't think anyone can assume if you built it they will come).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MNS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.