BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

Ann: Reinstatement to Official Quotation, page-51

1. 1,913 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 746
    Key take-outs for me:

1) The ASX are clearly very keen to 'police' the extent to which an announcement drives the SP upwards - it wants to ensure that if that happens the ann was clear and accurate, and can justify any exuberance - otherwise it wants the company to significantly modify its tone and content

This is entirely fair given the massive SP charges that took place on 1PG, BIG, GSW and others - on what later appear to be shameless hype - but lets face it, every announcement contains a degree of hype - so its a case of drawing a line in the sand

BUD saw a 24% increase in SP after the Nestle ann - BUD see this as an endorsement of the Ohm system and indicative of what's to come - ASX are probing as to whether Nestle could ever install enough Ohm itself to justify the exuberance - personally I think Nestle as a client is symbolic not directly leading to large $ from Nestle

2) The big overriding issue behind all of the questions is the phasing of the BUD business - basically falling into 3 key phases;
    - partnership agreement with reseller / distributor
    - trials with clients
    - pay flow
    Clearly there are numerous processes and delays that have to be worked through until cash starts rolling in - we are talking months to get though all this - so when does the clock start ticking? and when does the cash hit the business?
    For me, in broad terms, the clock started ticking around Feb of this year - I'm allowing a 5 month rolling delay from thereafter - meaning decent revenue flow to be expected in July quarterly - and hopefully steadily increasing thereafter from additional installs
    July is the fist key data point - then each quarter thereafter - 3 quarters = 3 data points - and there's your graph of revenue projection

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.