MSB 2.10% $1.17 mesoblast limited

Ann: Remestemcel-L for COVID-19 MIS-C published in Pediatrics, page-148

1. 7,518 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6772
    No, science can ultimately have no 100%, or more precisely empirical studies of science can no more say something definitely doesn't work than it does. Its basic statistics. You can't have it both ways.

This is a purely anecdotal study. It should be taken on the merits of its context and whilst people are right to say don't get too excited, equally it bodes well. A lot of longs will disagree with me, but I feel MSB's recent phase III trials have been more like phase II trials in many respects. But the silver lining from all is a clear indication of the mechanisms of the treatments. MSB is far more informed now on the effects and the necessary timing and the limitations of the treatments (left ventricle necrosis in CHF for example). They understand the implications of the anti-inflammatory, immunomodulatory, endothelial and vascular effects and how they play out in various afflictions.

Here we have another possible indication of how the anti-inflammatory cytokines and growth factors encouraged by the treatments work against the pathophysiology of another disease that is as much the body's own auto-immune reaction. Of course MSB has failed to prove primary endpoints, but there is every suggestion that these mechanisms work and I cannot help feel the world missed on with the NIH ARDS trial f*ck up - and it was that.

These are the two first patients. Lets hope more follow.

Whilst Doc McStuffin's was right, this is only anecdotal, and the kids were showing improvement under SOC, he failed to mention "many important clinical and laboratory parameters remained markedly abnormal, especially direct and indirect measures of cardiac dysfunction/injury (e.g., decreased LV function/need for inotropes; elevated levels of BNP and troponin-I), systemic/cardiac/endothelial inflammation (e.g., elevated levels of C-reactive protein, procalcitonin, ferritin, and total white blood cell count), and endothelial dysfunction (e.g., hypotension/need for vasopressors; elevated levels of D-dimer and fibrinogen)".

Whilst the study maybe anecdotal, these guys are really beginning to understand and will be able to show via medical parameters how their treatments work. Big Pharma will be thinking the same thing....and looking over their shoulder, or the bright ones look to stand alongside...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.17
Change
-0.025(2.10%)
Mkt cap ! $1.330B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.18 $1.22 $1.15 $6.344M 5.404M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 8683 $1.16

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.17 32999 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.