MSB 2.10% $1.17 mesoblast limited

Ann: Remestemcel-L for COVID-19 MIS-C published in Pediatrics, page-93

1. 3,776 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 59
    Given the impressive clinical results documented in this tiny series of case reports I think that it is incumbent upon clinicians to look to using historical control data in the short to medium term in order to establish a reasonable idea of the role of stem cell therapy in the last ditch treatment of pediatric MIS-C. Wind back 80 years to the time when that great Australian Howard Florey, along with Ernst Chain and their gifted colleagues, were flat out working to demonstrate the miraculous powers of penicillin. They didn’t have to wait around for some guru or other to insist they run a double blind crossover clinical trial in order to legitimize their demonstration of the self evident and overwhelming clinical effectiveness of penicillin when used to abort bacterial infections that were previously fatal (lucky for them that clinical trial design as we know it today had yet to be invented) And lucky for the many, many wounded allied servicemen who came to owe their lives to them.

Now, those two children were outliers. MIS-C that appears subsequent to apparent SARS 2 CoV infection in children seems to be uncommon. Those two children most likely would have died if they had not received stem cell infusions, which fortunately for them were available. Uncommon and potentially fatal diseases sometimes need uncommon therapy. If such is available, and the putative cure is not worse than the disease then I say go for it! There should already be enough historical control data about to allow an experienced and wise paediatrician to make a considered clinical decision as to whether to offer Remestemcel-l therapy as a potentially life-saving treatment for a child unfortunate enough to be afflicted with MIS-C, whatever the precipitating cause.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.17
Change
-0.025(2.10%)
Mkt cap ! $1.330B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.18 $1.22 $1.15 $6.344M 5.404M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 8683 $1.16

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.17 32999 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.