MSB 7.22% 90.0¢ mesoblast limited

Ann: Remestemcel-L Survival Outcomes in COVID-19 ARDS Patients, page-25

1. 1,046 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1110
    basically, due to statistical noise, if you do ad hoc analysis on any data set you can find trends that correlate. this doesn't imply causation in the data, just correlation. An RCT with the appropriate parameters will determine if the result is repeatable and will satisfy the regulators requirement for proof of causation. Nearly every generated dataset contains a statistically significant correlation if there are enough paramters, so it's not a given that a significant result in < 65 means that it works for < 65 patients until it passes an RCT.

The promising bit for holders is that we know age is a very strong determining factor in covid deaths, so that would seem to fit, but also the lower number of deaths takes away statistical power from the result as well as potential application and market share, so I'd be hesitant to derive any sentiment from today's announcement that wasn't already there in the full ARDS covid results.

At this point you are probably in one of two camps: MSB is either a loveable bunch of scientists who are trying to do the right thing but never seem to be able to close, or a lifestyle company set up to pay fans of stem cell research to mess arpund with cool experiments.

I'm not sure which, personally.
    Last edited by kervio: 31/05/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
90.0¢
Change
-0.070(7.22%)
Mkt cap ! $1.033B
Open High Low Value Volume
95.0¢ 95.0¢ 90.0¢ $7.428M 8.087M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 63186 90.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
90.5¢ 231517 37
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.49pm 05/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.