PEZ 0.00% 1.7¢ premiere eastern energy limited

You were thinking, maybe the current owner will buy back the...

1. 37,911 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 828
    You were thinking, maybe the current owner will buy back the company and take it private again; 15 cents per shares and he can have your shares.

If the company is LIQUIDATED & WOUND UP, I assume all of its assets will be sold and the proceeds returned to shareholders. Then all of the shares will be cancelled (destroyed).

Therefore, as a shareholder, you will probably receive the return of capital declared by the liquidator

I assume the major shareholder will also receive cash but, unlike you, he can make an offer to buy the business & assets of the company

Therefore, if the business becomes private again, you won't have shares in this business because the company will be liquidated & destroyed.

If I receive 6 cents, I will be happy (particularly given my shares cost me nothing & the last share I bought were for 1.4 cents or so)

Liquidators makes lots of money from liquidation by charging large fees.

Plus they do deals that are often poor for shareholders

The business ("goodwill") and property are only valued at $15 million in the last balance sheet therefore the business is not worth very much

The only thing of real value in the business is the CASH

Hopefully, there actually was $100 million in cash when it was placed into liquidation

Hope enough receivables are received to pay all the payables.

Regards
    Last edited by ddzx: 15/04/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.