WFE 0.00% 2.4¢ winmar resources limited

@foocaIn Australia we have rules surrounding Trust Accounts held...

1. 2,113 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 331
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2279/2279018-e74097130d17dc57a948256f608cb334.jpg

@fooca

In Australia we have rules surrounding Trust Accounts held by Accounting firms, Lawyers, even the Construction Industry for example. Can we be certain these same rules of "accountability" exist in the Congo?

The questions I have which cannot be answered are - who are the signatories on these "Trust Fund" accounts? Typically, clients do not have signing rights over the funds (to keep them at arms-length) so the authority to write cheques etc resides with the firm acting in trust over the funds. Over here the accounts have to be reconciled and reported to the beneficial owner - has anyone ever seen a DRC lawyers letterhead with an account balance on it?

Are they actually held "in trust" in the same authority we enjoy in AU?
    I know the Accounts say the word trust, but is it a capital T or not? This is a huge factor for me.

There will be bank fees just like we cop over here, so let's say it's an extraordinary USD100 a month. Add some admin costs and you can stretch to to say USD10k. Still leaves a truck load to be returned.. Heck, Even USD1000 fee from the entity holding the funds would still net a decent result if it was returned.

There may be some barriers to repatriating the funds back to Australia, but any savvy accountant or lawyer would simply mark the transaction as a 'refund' and it would get through any anti-laundering process. The area is supposed to become an Economic Zone soon - let's start the process by sending funds back eh?

What would be interesting is to see copies of the documents exchanged between the former WFE and the trust fund holders. Let's see the names, titles, address and companies involved as let's be honest, we're relying upon the word of a repeatedly failed former company executive to tell it straight. He is a very dishonest person and who knows what other clauses are written into the contract. I know he can't fill in documents to save his life, and that CoSec with 30 years experience - what a joke! Another 2 famous WA activities come to mind here. 1 is Whiteboard Inc. and 2. is the Shreddergate..... WA has a big problem with honesty.

The problem is with the people that created the transaction on behalf of the former WFE. Let's face it - they're not business people. They are opportunist spruikers that have no regard for the. bodies they leave behind. It's them number 1, 2, and 3 every day of the week. They have the audacity to call themselves "A" type personalities. Yep, we know what the A stands for too...

Not advice but I'm claiming the capital loss in 2020 FY as it dropped off my portfolio report at 30 June. Position updated.

Cheers,
    TC.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WFE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.