CGB 0.00% 2.1¢ cann global limited

"So the question becomes, which is now worse - paying auditors...

1. 2,117 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 583
    "So the question becomes, which is now worse - paying auditors an allegedly over-exorbitant fee and having retained listed status or having to go through the listing process again & pay 6 figures (or close to) anyway?"

The answer is very simple @Luke164 and yes, "We all know the answer. The rationale behind the current predicament is someone only the internal management can and need to explain."
    Actually I reckon those of us who try to stay on top of the situation are pretty much the only ones of the broader shareholder base that have any idea what their rationale might be and, at best, that's mostly 'educated guesswork' which appears to be by design anyway.

If you have a look at the 2021/2022 Annual Report which is the latest EOFY one seeing as they have insane excuses for not having produced the 2022/2023 Report 'as yet'.

Audit Fees $107k
    Accountancy Fees $260k
    'Other' administrative Expenses $387k - Up from $115k in the previous FY !
    An increase of over $270,000 in 12mths for 'Other' unexplained (that I can see) expenses !

Then look at the kicker....

SHAREHOLDERS' SERVICES....
    $239,049 !!!!!!

Wherever that figure came from is indeed mysterious, though a small amount could be explained by putting that (2022) AGM together.

It doesn't take a genius to just take a fleeting glance at those reported expenses to figure why would they flirt with the most basic of responsibilities and legal requirements as to paying annual listing fees - which they brought to the wire already under penalty of being delisted, which I personally think was a test-bed for the current situation.

For the 2022/2023 FY - so-called 'Shareholder's Services' are non-existent, but let's put a generous $50k aside for admin of the Shareholder Registry (though it's probably $40k less than that imo)

So, to meet and balance the expenses account, it's easy to put a figure of well over $900,000 aside for Audit and Accountancy (crazy eh..) fees when you strip out the other exhorbitant and unusual expenses.

Basically, imo, no matter what Nexia were allegedly going to charge, there's no problem in paying for those missing reports up to EOFY 2023 - and THEN approach the issue of securing a new auditor.

At the end of the day, the basic look of this is they don't (or, haven't had) any problem digging into shareholder-provided funding for all kinds of unexplained (broken-down) expenses and yet keep all holders to ransom whom have invested 'in good faith'.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CGB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.