CGB 0.00% 2.1¢ cann global limited

"I hope they relist and you can get some money back as well as...

1. 981 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 439

"I hope they relist and you can get some money back as well as everyone else here who has lost money in this Cannabis sector mess."

Taken as just "Cannabis sector mess" this would indeed simply just be a fact, irrelevant though it may be.

As a whole, the sentence explicitly states that they hope the company relists (since this is the CGB forum, and CGB is delisted, it would be silly if the poster was referring to some other company without saying so) and that you (@traderabcde as they are replying to their post) get some money back (i.e being able to sell your shares) as well as everyone else here who has lost money in this Cannabis sector mess (cannot be anyone invested in MXC or ECS or LGP or CAN since those shares aren't delisted, and CGB relisting has no effect on those shares whatsoever)

It was an attempt to whitewash the entire debacle as a failure of the cannabis sector.

While neglecting to mention the lack of the company to provide updates on anything material (What happened to Hemp Hulling Co? Canntab? Medcan lawsuit? Fuss Pot?) Fuss pot is tangentially connected to the "Cannabis Sector", but it really was a failure to penetrate the highly competitive skincare market. They didn't succeed, they didn't really seem to actually market the goods (what TV/Movie star, Models, Celebrities were given samples? What youtubers, instagrammers, tiktokers were given samples to promote?) They never provided sales updates, and went out of their way to hide their stock levels once they realised shareholders were tracking them. Was there any update before the website was shut down? Nothing to do with the "Cannabis Sector".

There are many more examples i could list, but there is no need to rehash them all here.

Maybe it was simply a poor choice of words from a marketing expert, but it isn't a good look when it is the only excuse or cause that is trotted out, ad nauseum, to the neglect of the far more relevant and obvious company failings.

Neil's response, to attack the man rather than play the ball, also shows the tenuity of his argument.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CGB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.