OCC 2.70% 36.0¢ orthocell limited

As usual the market, i.e. investors ignoring the importance of...

1. 7,476 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6749
    As usual the market, i.e. investors ignoring the importance of coming announcements (no doubt tax selling too). As said above, depending on whether Remplir would fall into the Class B category (80 day working day approval expectation date) we might expect end of 2Q CY2024 for Singapore Remplir approval (if its Class C, 3Q/4Q CY 2024 perhaps a more reasonable expectation of Singapore approval, but I suspect Class B).

This is not an insignificant market. Singapore has achieved universal health coverage through via its public statutory insurance system, MediShield Life, which covers large bills arising from hospital care and certain outpatient treatments that Remplir would surely qualify for if approved. Singapore is usually only second to Luxembourg (and Lichenstien) in GDP per capita just for an idea of health expenditure and has been trying to make itself a contender in medical innovation; wWhilst Singapore is not the largest market (6 million) the government has been pushing hard to make it the Asian bio-tech hub for decades now:

https://www.ciip.group.cam.ac.uk/reports-and-articles/singapores-biomedical-cluster-lessons-from-two-decades-of-innovation-and-manufacturing-policy/#:~:text=In%202000%2C%20the%20Singaporean%20government,formation%20of%20an%20innovation%20cluster.

Singhealth (network of hospitals, commercial and academic medical centres) and A*Star (The Agency for Science, Technology and Research) are probably the two main vehicles for this. Obviously endoresement there following MediShield inclusion would open up prospects in other Asean mkts - A*Star has had an R&D setup in Suzhou Industrial Park (A*PC) in China since 2020.

Now remind me again? Who is the head of a large /business trade council of ASEAN Asian Economic Community countries again, looking to foster business between the West and ASEAN countries? OH yeah, Kim Beazely, one of our Directors....

Approval/adoption in Singapore opens lots of prospects of further mkt approvals/adoption in Asia, potentially far more lucrative than the US and European mkts in the long run.

https://www.theedgesingapore.com/digitaledge/news/singapores-biotech-sector-see-steady-growth-over-next-decade

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6189/6189774-76ca0041470d4117edcd99662b32ba00.jpg

Being approved in an economy that is making keen headway in adopting innovative medical treatments and expanding those businesses to large Asian consumer markets (the largest globally) as a hub for bio-tech innovation, a promising expansion of OCC's geographic Remplir sales footprint.
    Last edited by bedger: 22/05/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OCC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
36.0¢
Change
-0.010(2.70%)
Mkt cap ! $75.35M
Open High Low Value Volume
36.5¢ 36.5¢ 36.0¢ $21.77K 60.11K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 151293 36.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
36.5¢ 39200 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.22pm 17/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
36.0¢
  Change
-0.010 ( 1.37 %)
Open High Low Volume
36.5¢ 36.5¢ 36.0¢ 13917
Last updated 15.22pm 17/06/2024 ?
OCC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.