MGT 2.00% 24.5¢ magnetite mines limited.

Ann: Renounceable Rights Issue to raise up to $15.8M, page-324

1. 1,433 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 155
    ""mondyinvest
    1,946 Posts.
    17/08/21
    09:52
    Post #: 55343050
    Originally posted by Irongrilled:
    ↑I'll be brutally honest, it is posts like this that explain why I'm here. To anyone following the thread, be very, very cautious of someone who tells you "SOI won't matter at all.... they could do a share consolidation". This is incorrect. Let me give you an example, using specific MGT figures. Lots of you say you're here for the long term, at least till the production target date of 2024, if not beyond. Some people have mentioned 2030. Right, well let's wind back the clock and see how MGT would have treated a previous long-term holder. Say I'm a s708 (soph investor) and in December 2011, I get all excited about a presentation done by ROY to the market. The presentation is called "The Razorback Iron Project, Bringing Home the Bacon!" The whole presentation makes the case about it being clean, high-grade magnetite, low-cost producer, ready to produce by 2014, etc. (all the stuff we're hearing now!). You can view this exact presentation here: http://saemc.com.au/archive/2011/11royal.pdfSo, in December 2011 I buy in. I am going to retire from this stock! Only three years to production - wow. The market capitalization is $46,000,000 There are 306,000,000 SOI valued at 15c each Through my broker I purchase 3,000,000 of these for $450,000 plus brokerage I now own almost 1% of the company, which means all being well I have voting rights of almost 1% and would receive 1% of the future dividend payouts in future, all things being equal. I elect to hold the company till production. However, 2014 comes and goes and due to market conditions etc., production is nowhere to be seen. I elect to hold on, but I won't put any more money in. Fast forward less than 10 years to today, how does my investment look? The market capitalization is now $110,000,000, more than double when I bought it. Great! Or is it...? No, there are now 3,144,865,942 SOI valued at 3.5c each. My initial investment of $450,000 is now worth $105,000Plus, my % holding of the company has decreased. When I bought it, my 3,000,000 shares represented almost 1% of the total SOI. Now they represent just under 0.1%. This is what dilution does to long term holders. But never mind: now the new management are going to do a 10-1 share consolidation, so this will fix everything. The SOI reduces down to 314 million - much better. But wait, my holding reduces down to 300,000 shares. Each share is worth 10x though - so instead of 3.5c they're worth 35c.So now my holding is worth.... still $105,000 And my % ownership of the new share register is.... still 0.1%Consolidation hasn't done anything for me whatsoever. I'm a long-term holder, and I've been burned by this stock. So, be cautious of holders who are here trying to tell you none of these matters. If you're holding for the short term to make a quick buck, it won't matter. If you're a long-term holder, waiting till production and beyond (like my soph investor above), then it will matter. If you don't get it after this post, you never will.""

My question is why hasn't this company started production yet? I have got a fair bit share from MGT. That post makes me think be careful to pay my right issued shares. Just a capital rise for pay management salaries? There are more questions in my mind but not to say them here. I think this company has lost its reputation, that is why investors are selling them. That is my opinion. Would anyone like to comment about it?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MGT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
24.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.00%)
Mkt cap ! $25.07M
Open High Low Value Volume
25.5¢ 25.5¢ 24.5¢ $29.38K 117.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 36620 24.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
25.0¢ 33897 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MGT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.