RNT 16.0% 2.1¢ rent.com.au limited

A great thread and I feel everyone's disappointment....

1. 63 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 24
    A great thread and I feel everyone's disappointment. Unfortunately, when the SP was sitting at $0.31 pre Rent Pay launch and with a ~$120M Mkt Cap it was probably a chance to lock in some profit and take something off the table, in hindsight.

A closing SP of $0.21 and a Mkt Cap of ~$88M is reasonable given the launch update provided today by the company. To sustain the upward trajectory in the SP, the announcement really needed to also include some level of customer traction, or partnerships with any of the major realtors. We already had the TAM, ARPU, penetration targets et al. so the announcement naturally got a lukewarm response from the market.

I like the CEO and CFO but I really wish the company would stop talking about being purpose led and being the only company who care about renters. Shareholders own this company and as a shareholder I'd like to see the company focus on what really matters, monetising their data base and IP, converting their ~1M+ renter resume customers to Rent Pay, increasing the uptake of Rent Bond and Rent Connect and forgetting about virtue strategy. Its hard to fathom that the company still doesn't clip the ticket on renter resume's.

Its a good thing this company and its Board is based in Western Australia because they are the laughing stock of the investment community in Sydney and Melbourne. They should be raising and putting millions behind the Rent Pay launch and not tinkering at the margins.

This is a company that has accumulated ~$42M in losses since inception. Time to go hard or go home!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.1¢
Change
-0.004(16.0%)
Mkt cap ! $13.22M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.5¢ 2.5¢ 2.1¢ $27.08K 1.258M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 127238 2.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.5¢ 524962 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
2.1¢
  Change
-0.004 ( 16.0 %)
Open High Low Volume
2.5¢ 2.5¢ 2.1¢ 522771
Last updated 15.47pm 04/06/2024 ?
RNT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.