CGB 0.00% 2.1¢ cann global limited

@xsolI do not think that it is a question that should be framed...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 3,215 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1884
    @xsol

I do not think that it is a question that should be framed around ASIC regulations, ASX listing rules or, the Corporations Act. There has been some previous 'fumbling' around announcements and relisting rules etc. For example, the recent 'non renounceable rights issue' announcement had to be withdrawn and then reissued.

It is not illegal for a business to lose money nor, fail to achieve its stated objectives. That's just a reality of the corporate world. I think it is more a question of the, 'due diligence' and 'engagement' of shareholders and potential investors.

The fact is, the company belongs to the shareholders. As owners, if they are less than satisfied with the direction and or success of the company, then they should have items added to the AGM and scrutinise the responses from the BOD. Accountability starts with asking questions.

For example, I think holders should be asking some very exacting questions about this latest issue. I have declared my views of this latest 'raising'.

Perhaps, have a read of some of the following.

"The ability of shareholders to hold the board to account is a fundamental principle of corporate governance. Effective investor engagement can enhance the long term performance of a company."

https://asic.gov.au/regulatory-resources/corporate-governance/shareholder-engagement/

"In a period where corporate governance is increasingly under the spotlight, culture and conduct should be a key focus area for companies."
    (...)
    "As an organisation, you need to know what 'good' looks like in your industry, and ensure that you continually strive to meet and exceed those standards."

https://asic.gov.au/about-asic/news-centre/speeches/asic-update-informing-and-engaging-shareholders/

And if holders purchased shares for a bit of a punt / trade then that's fine but I think that activity requires a different set of analytical parameters. biggrin.png
    Last edited by Basileus: 05/07/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CGB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.