CGB 0.00% 2.1¢ cann global limited

Ann: Request for Extension of Voluntary Suspension, page-50

1. 2,145 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 601
    "ASX likely short staffed with the Christmas break and simply just missed it. Stock is suspended from trading anyway so moving it from voluntary to involuntary suspension is just admin."

Just a further note on this -
    Let's say hypothetically CGB indeed contacted the ASX anytime since (and including) the 23rd Dec/today, which was their obligation, and that contact contained information that the proposed acquisition was either going ahead or no longer a concern, therefore the suspension could be lifted.

As you say above, the ASX 'simply just missed it' - where does that leave the (any) company and the ability to have it's securities released for resumption of trading again ?

With respect, I'm not having a go at all, please don't get me wrong, but it does raise an interesting scenario.

'Interesting' in that if the suspended company remained in that status because of the ASX 'simply missing' a note of conclusion to (in this case) a proposed acquisition, they couldn't be accused of insider trading if they suddenly dumped (or bought) millions of shares as soon as they called the ASX to tell them they missed their notification and the ASX took the suspension off in the middle that trading day
    Do you see what I mean ?
    The company and 'those in the know' could financially position themselves in such a way as to take full advantage of the ASX making a mistake and nothing could be done about it except to keep the suspension until the following day (pre-open) when the Market was fully informed.

So yeah, they can't afford to 'simply just miss' it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CGB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.