CGB 0.00% 2.1¢ cann global limited

This is really a non issue imo. Red mud is actually at the...

1. 11,400 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 565
    This is really a non issue imo.

Red mud is actually at the alumina plant not at the bauxite side (i.e. if they sell to China then the red mud will be in China, not Australia). Similar to Gladstone, if you go to an aerial view of Queensland alumina limited plant you'll be able to spot the red mud dam very easily (It's been operating since 1963)

Also the major obstacles to the qbl bauxite is going to be grade - both their alumina content and reactive silica are far worse than other bauxites worldwide and processing is extremely expensive so grade counts more than in other lme metals.

And on the safety side - truck haulage through town into that port is just a disaster waiting to happen. The locals will want them to build a railway and do it properly I think which means that capex/opex study is going to be very far out.

Combine that with shipping and loading costs, it just won't have the roi/npv it needs.

I think they knew that or they wouldn't have gone into cannabis. And it seems (to the very untrained eye) that there is a lot more hope on this venture and no immediate red flags.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CGB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.