RAP 0.00% 20.5¢ raptor resources limited

As metaphors seem to be the educational tool dejour, let me...

Currently unlisted. Proposed listing date: 4 SEPTEMBER 2024 #
  1. 665 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    As metaphors seem to be the educational tool dejour, let me indulge; you spot a burning building and hear cries for help. At a critical moment a hulking hero enters stage left sporting hi-viz overalls and a hard hat, brandishing a hose. In the chaos, no one seems to notice the hero is also wearing a T-shirt enblazoned with "I am not a firefighter". Now the question is, how should onlookers react when the hero fails to live up to expectation and neither puts out the fire nor saves the buildings occupants? Should they chastise themselves for their own silly expectations in the first place? Get upset with the faux hero for breaking their hearts? Or, wonder is they should have tried to do more themselves?

Obviously, this is a made up story, akin to a cartoon (any resemblance to real life events is purely coincidental and I apologise in advance for any offense caused). The point is that even critical opinions have a purpose if only to keep punters' faculties sharp and eyes wide open.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.