RAP 0.00% 20.5¢ raptor resources limited

They might not pay. The value in a direct to consumer model like...

Currently unlisted. Proposed listing date: 4 SEPTEMBER 2024 #
  1. 239 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 128
    They might not pay. The value in a direct to consumer model like this is probably more likely in selling products or advertising products. This is why you see it mention "with the assistance of a pharmacist". It should also be pointed out that a D2C app will likely be a dumbed down version of ResAppDx, so if there is a serious condition detected such as pneumonia it can tell them they need to see a doctor but it probably won't inform patients that have this condition.

For instance what happens now if someone has a sore throat/cough prior to going to the doctor, they might buy a lozenge/one of those soothers, maybe cough syrup, maybe some paracetamol. But depending on the underlying cause that may or may not be very effective. Using the app they can upsell customers to other better targeted products.

Another potential approach is the app does cost per use, but purchasing certain products gets you some free uses so you can monitor how you're progressing. But this is a messier approach, while it's adding value to specific products (I could buy some generic product or I could buy this product that also allows me to monitor my symptoms) it has the downside of what if the product has no effect (they'd show no progress/risks presenting the product as ineffective in the customer's mind).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.