RAP 0.00% 20.5¢ resapp health limited

Great announcement surprising the market! Well done...

1. 71 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 278
    Great announcement surprising the market! Well done management!
    What I can't quite figure out is - who would be selling today? Why would you consider selling when TK is in Europe with back to back meetings with hospitals and Telehealth providers that have asked for meetings with ResApp - booked even before this announcement today. TK hasn't been forthcoming with predictions of deals - but I'd be expecting some updates on his return if not before.

Now with Europe CE under the hood, TGA in Australia is expected to be a tick the box application and approval before end of Dec 19 at the latest.

The Home Sleep Apnoea results are due out end of this month - Monday 30th - hopefully we will see a result on schedule. Spoke with TK recently about the protocol of the trial - it appears they are doing the full lab analysis in the home using the exact same machines / tests / analysis as in the lab. They have specified only one person sleeping in the room at home - so the only difference is background noise. They are screening all recordings to exclude any poor recordings following the learnings from the first US study - so issues there should all be minimised. On this basis I would expect similar results / outcome to the recent Lab study results - in the order of 80% sensitivity and 80% specificity (fingers crossed). At present there is no reliable screening test for sleep apnoea. As previously stated 80% of those with sleep apnoea don't know they have it. Snoring is just one indicator. To get Medicare funding in Australia for a lab test you have to answer positively to a series of questions which currently miss about 50% of people with sleep apnoea ( low sensitivity). Thus ResApp test could have a huge impact on the way sleep apnoea is screened at least in Australia - and likely all over the world. The 3 biggest names in sleep apnoea treatment including our own ResMed have already been in discussions with ResApp looking at the technology.

Close price 23c as I write ....seems cheap to me ...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.