HMD 0.00% 2.3¢ heramed limited

so here's a bit of a ramble to fill in some time along the...

1. 2,226 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 910
    so here's a bit of a ramble to fill in some time along the way.... yesterday I was trying to download a file about a yearly update of a cybersecurity firm in which I'm a shareholder. It's an unlisted venture and it has gone ok but not amazing since I invested, I came in when they had just lost a really significant client and then their second biggest the very next week.. they were also trying to onboard a small govt contract but lost a number of people who they needed as they were running out of cash, kind of similar to HMD as I think about it... anyway lets call these guys Cyber Co (which is nothing like their actual name) so there was Cyber Co about to be a bit cactus when I met them and had a bit of a chat. One of my mates in Canberra knew Gary from Cyber Co (not his name either) and it turned out there really was a govt contract in the wings. I chipped in enough for them to hire 2 people for 6 months to get things underway which would allow the generation of enough revenue to pay the rest of the 12 month contracts for their employment. If they didn't get traction then I would have just burnt a bit over $100k. As it turned out they gained a bit of traction, enough to pay the rest of their contracts cash component and those 2 received a bit of equity as well.... nothing really big happened for the next 3 years.... revenue didn't really advance and cash was tight.

As far as a ramble goes this is a bit of a ramble.... 3 years of not a lot and no real reason to get very excited and often lots of thoughts of what could $120k buy etc.... and then what should happen?? Medicare and Optus and everyone else got hacked... the small inroad into a govt department for Cyber Co turned out to be a godsend as the minister that looked after this portfolio got a bit startled by hacking only to find out there was a solution immediately at hand! And then things stayed the same... not much of anything much at all... until Cyber Co managed to get a bit of traction in rural Australia with farming enterprises (which conveniently are often quite large businesses) and then they became a bit of a go-to for small business.... yesterday as I was trying to open the file which I found difficult (very protected stuff..) I just gave up and flicked the CEO a message... Gary (not his real name) called back, he had a passkey thing to open the file and more importantly was able to give the heads up on what had just been signed off by a significant tech and cloud business.

Even though years of nothing amounted to not very much at all, bear in mind with unlisted it is reeky hard to get out, finally it looks like a knockout blow is about to land on the chin of success. 4 years of pointless holding is looking like a significant and material outcome. The business and the founder with his family (Gary is about my age and his kids are teenagers) is going to re-locate to the same city in the USA as this tech business that is going to integrate Cyber Co into their work flow or whatever it is that they all do. He is relocating in 3 weeks. The deal was signed 4 weeks ago and is yet to be released to the public. It's an exciting outcome.

Cyber Co is unrelated in almost every way to HMD. However it is similar in the way that it never quite made its way into the numerous clients that took it up for a trial then dropped out.. they lost some unbelievable deals, lost some fantastic clients, made decreasing revenue each year, had the industry best tech (apparently) but couldn't sell it in..... all a bit similar to HMD. The founder, Gary, is nothing like a tech-guy from Silicon Valley. If you saw him at the Great Western in Rockhampton you'd think he was just another hillbilly type farm bloke... somehow he never gave up and eventually when things turned around there was Cyber Co holding onto a small foothold that lead to something better that in turn brought it to the attention of someone very significant who liked what they saw and couldn't replicate it easily so will just pay a price per use or something like that.

HMD very well might be the beneficiary of what Mrs Biden is heading up over in the USA for maternal health, HMD very well may be the beneficiary of the Florida maternal desert funding, HMD may just do the same in TX and Cali with deals from e-Lōvu... then the GC Health thing might just kick off a regional health platform for use by GPs in the rest of Qld.... Ron does look a bit like Gary just older and clearly fewer Rumbos under his belt.... I don't think it's at the giving up stage just yet. Equally we need the cash and not the dilution.... Dunno.... might just come together just before it all wipes out and then we can all have lovely time at the Bruns...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HMD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $14.56M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.3¢ 2.4¢ 2.3¢ $5.934K 249.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 1792299 2.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.7¢ 289978 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HMD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.