SDV 1.23% 41.0¢ scidev ltd

In reply to Phantom and Warren B. I guess the point I was making...

1. 283 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 67
    In reply to Phantom and Warren B. I guess the point I was making was the Lewis did an amazing job when he took over. Yes, either he made a terrilble mistake with the raising out of sheer naivety or he was conned by Cannacord Genuity who from whispers like to make money this way. Either way I think it was a mistake. Lewis had never been CEO of any company before. He came to SDV from being a World sales manager for BASF . I just felt empathy for him as a human being and do not expect there was malicious intent.
    I will own up to the fact that I am one of the lucky ones who started buying in at about $0.06. Clearly made very good return on my early investment but have been left with a parcel that does not look so great.
    From here? It is very helpful to learn that flocculant chemistry has risen significantly in cost. Therefore SDV margins and profits. The new board of Vaughan Busby and the 2 fellows who started Haldon (now SDV Water services) clearly point out that profit margins on SDV original suite of services and chemicals is under pressure. Hence they wish to do a bit of a pivot to higher margin work. I suspect that is mainly the PFAS business which is where their expertise lies. Lewis expertise was with big business and bulk accounts.
    Until we get a few quarters of trading updates from the new board I personally have no idea how good they are or how big that market is or how 'sticky' those customers are.
    Seems to me that the game is now to grow the business by GROWING THE MARGINS (profit).
    I will sit and evaluate as we learn more. And, yes, I also agree that with the loss of the previous CEO the current board should be giving the market the news about how they are travelling.
    Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
41.0¢
Change
0.005(1.23%)
Mkt cap ! $77.81M
Open High Low Value Volume
40.5¢ 41.0¢ 40.5¢ $1.248K 3.044K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 107 41.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
42.0¢ 3323 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SDV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.