ATG 1.27% 40.0¢ articore group limited

Ann: Resignation of CFO, page-10

1. 9 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    I think there are two bits I don't quite agree with here:

Firstly- I don't agree the software capitalization is significant. If you look at the difference between FY22 capitalised costs and the depreciation on the existing capitalised costs, they've only added a few m to the balance sheet.

"Jaw dropping binge on costs in FY23" - if you look at the investor presentation/transcript then all of the headcount costs have actually been added across FY22 - there's only a 4% rise in headcount coming (but of course as all these people were hired during FY22- their full OpEx impact only appears in FY23. What management have done is hired as if the FY21 growth was going to be sustained during FY22 and onwards.
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4639/4639879-62d1b471897dabccb60c364faddb1ba0.jpg

This turned out to be wrong- but at the point this became apparent - you then have the choice of either cutting back all that extra headcount, or taking the cash hit and letting the business grow to catch up. I imagine management have decided its less disruptive to do the latter rather than try and cut back on all the people they've hired only 6-12 months ago (though I am surprised they haven't pulled back hiring on the 46 vacancies mentioned above). I don't have a firm view on whether this is wise or not- but doesn't seem unreasonable.

As far as I can see the only real OpEx growth we're going to see this FY is the spending on brand- which I don't think is a bad idea.

I think we can get too caught up in the OpEx side though. What's ultimately going to drive long term value is whether they can get back to 20%+ top line growth. I'm reasonably confident that what we're seeing here is a short term blip that's common to a huge number of Ecommerce companies (see Wayfair, Shopify etc), rather than a growth engine that's run out of steam.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
40.0¢
Change
0.005(1.27%)
Mkt cap ! $111.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
39.5¢ 40.0¢ 39.0¢ $82.26K 207.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 60415 40.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
40.5¢ 300326 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.54pm 12/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ATG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.