BAP 1.58% $4.98 bapcor limited

I have not much positive to say about Margie, but I am mixed on...

1. 29 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    I have not much positive to say about Margie, but I am mixed on the Darryl change. He had his positives, but also had his negatives. Particularly some hubris toward the end in decision making. I think him moving on was on-balance right from a timing point of view. I think execution of the change and selection of the replacement was handled about as poorly as it could have been.

There is little doubt that some of what is happening today in terms of performance was coming either way (COVID was amazing for this industry and business, we are silly to imagine the trajectory will maintain). Plenty of it appears to also be self-inflicted by the changes you mention.

I think whether he was headhunted or pursued the role is not particularly important - if you are 1 year into an ASX CFO role you aren't entertaining new offers if you are committed... So you aren't pursuing, and are saying no if headhunted. I imagine we will see an announcement from the new company soon, be interesting to see where goes next. He was always an interesting hire looking at his employment history - mostly construction industry/project based experience, zero automotive, and not a great deal of experience in trading businesses (ie inventory driven buy-sell businesses).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BAP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.