BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

Ann: Resignation of Director, page-2

1. 989 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 387
    Just saw this tweet/blog post from Dave with more commentary:

https://buddy.com/blog/changes-on-the-buddy-board-of-directors/

Written by David McLauchlan
    May 14, 2018

Today, we announced via the ASX that Ananda Kathiravelu, a member of Buddy’s Board of Directors since the company listed on the ASX nearly two and a half years ago, has tendered his resignation from the Board and decided to apply his focus and energies to new business activities. While I’m very sorry to see Ananda go, he leaves with the full support of a thankful Board, and I know that I will continue to seek his counsel on a variety of matters.

I first met Ananda while meeting with various bankers and brokers as we contemplated an ASX listing back in May of 2015. While we were extremely fortunate to have had the luxury of choice in who to work with on our listing, the pairing of Ananda with the team at Bell Potter was unquestionably the right one. I worked very closely with Ananda throughout the subsequent seven months prior to our re-listing as Buddy Platform Limited in late December 2015. There is no question that the success of our capital raise and re-listing was due in significant part to Ananda.

Prior to the re-listing, Ananda was the chairman of Potash Minerals Limited – the former mining shell that we merged into – and so the incoming board members and I asked Ananda to remain for a period of time on the board of the new company to provide transitional guidance. Ananda agreed, and has been a valued member of the Board in the nearly two and a half years since. However, we are clearly well past the point of transition, and so this is an entirely appropriate time for Ananda to take this next step. While I’ll miss Ananda’s formal contributions to the business, I know other companies will soon benefit from his experience and counsel – and that feels good too.

So on behalf of the company and our shareholders, thank you Ananda for everything you’ve done for Buddy. And as a #BuddyAlumni, I hope we’ll stay in close touch.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.