RMD 0.42% $35.60 resmed inc

Ann: ResMed Announces Results for the Fourth Quarter of FY2023, page-365

1. 397 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 125
    "For now, we believe the risk is more perceived than real," Petrone wrote. Medical-device stocks have lost nearly 20% since July, as measured by the U.S. Medical Device iShares exchange-traded fund (ticker: IHI).

The medical device ETF (IHI) holds a 17% slant towards Abbott Laboratories. The global healthcare index ETF (IXJ) holds a good mix of global players. So I'm not surprised one little bit that a device ETF where the top 3 holdings make up almost 39% of the ETF has sailed into troubled waters. There's a lesson to be learnt in that alone. Sorry, I know it's a bit off topic and I see the point being made. I was just a little bemused as to the comments made by the "professional security analyst".

Having said that, against my weak will, I've accumulated more RMD shares. If you look at the global healthcare index, I'm of the opinion that both CSL and RMD have reverted to the mean after reaching for blue sky from 2018 onwards. If that's the case, they now both represent good value (in my opinion). I'm also considering jumping into FPH - or just buying IXJ and never looking again. Tempting.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RMD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$35.60
Change
0.150(0.42%)
Mkt cap ! $22.88B
Open High Low Value Volume
$35.30 $35.74 $35.25 $86.15M 2.422M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 98 $35.50

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$35.60 6713 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RMD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.