RSG 4.96% 63.5¢ resolute mining limited

Ann: Resolute to list on London Stock Exchange, page-26

1. 11,117 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 626
    You have to wonder if The Moose really needed to make the LSE listing announcement so far away from the actual listing taking place. He could have just said we are changing the annual reporting date for a myriad of reasons and then in 2019 with (hopefully) major progress in the U/G mine by Feb he could have announced the status of the LSX listing (while the preparatory which could in the meantime have proceeded quietly in the background).

Now he has jangled the nerves of the market at a sensitive time in RSG's ramp up while the gold price is struggling and it will have a heavy negative impact on the share price. JW is too in love within his own "greatness".

Only some good news on the production front/higher gold price has any chance of stabilising the share price. People buying in now are simply gambling since we do not know the extent of share dilution.

I expect the funds raised from the listing will go towards Ravenswood $110m FY19 capex, since I do expect that they will have enough funds from the Investec facility to complete Syama underground and the associated plant works (which should now be mainly completed, if not already finished). There will be no funds for Bibiani until the 2020FY, but I expect when they list they will make it seem that the funds raised will be used in part to bring forward that project.

I hope investors have enjoyed receiving the dividend payments over the last two years which were funded by borrowings.

There is a real chance the share price will cascade down under 80 cents at some stage - so one needs to have spare cash and an educated view about holding/buying more shares.

loki (I am looking forward to a lot more poetry/sermons from Col - but we are all consenting adults here.)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RSG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.