CTM 6.02% 39.0¢ centaurus metals limited

Can someone tell me why there is such a large barrier at 0.9c...

1. 151 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    Can someone tell me why there is such a large barrier at 0.9c and 1.0c?. The last raising was at 0.9c, so there can't be any punter taking a quick profit (apart from those who bought at 0.6/0.7c a few months ago)? With directors only holding 7%, and no big institutions (i.e. Sprott, RCF, etc.) or JV partners on the register, does anyone know who is in the top ten? Is it entirely retail investors?

Regarding soil anomalies, the magnitude of a soil anomaly depends greatly on the weathering regime, depth of surficial cover, host rock type and style/morphology of mineralisation. For example, in the WA goldfields, a soil anomaly of >10ppb would be worthy of follow-up aircore drilling, depending on the geomorphology and regolith of the region of interest.

In contrast, in tropical latitudes there can be significant laterite enrichment at surface which can produce very broad high-tenor gold anomalies (+500ppb) where the host rock only grades 0.5 - 1 g/t. This can occur in regions with topography where soil anomalies are often transported and enriched on the flanks of ridges, etc.

As @thunder54 mentioned, there is no way of determining the tenor of an orebody directly from the overlying soil anomaly. All a soil anomaly can tell you is where tenor is likely to be higher, and that there is gold in the system (could be 0.1 g.t, could be 10g/t).

What is encouraging at Serra Misteriosa is that the anomaly is continuous, large-scale and coincident with an IP anomaly (a little offset to the north) within the right host rocks / alteration.

My punt would be on a lower-grade, large-scale gold system in the region (if the silicified ridge contained high-grade veins, then alluvial deposits would have formed on the flanks and would have been mined by small-scale miners).

I don't understand why this stock isn't at 1.5c.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
39.0¢
Change
-0.025(6.02%)
Mkt cap ! $193.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
40.5¢ 40.5¢ 38.5¢ $39.78K 98.75K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1896 39.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
42.5¢ 21859 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 01/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
39.0¢
  Change
-0.025 ( 4.08 %)
Open High Low Volume
40.5¢ 40.5¢ 39.0¢ 13848
Last updated 15.48pm 01/05/2024 ?
CTM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.