LNU 0.00% 0.2¢ linius technologies limited

Whenever I get impatient I watch this video again:...

1. 489 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 91
    Whenever I get impatient I watch this video again:
    https://www.insidemarket.net/post/why-this-nz-company-has-rolled-the-dice-on-linius-technologies

Hemisphere is working with a company whose brand is in the ballpark of Apple or Coca Cola. They have an NDA until "at least July" - so we're not even 2 weeks beyond that date now. And Hemisphere is building them some kind of solution. We don't know for a fact that Linius is involved in that but not hard to see how Hemisphere might have stumbled upon Linius while trying to work out how to build whatever it is they are building. Inspired by the "truly dazzling" potential, Hemisphere has done $250,000 worth of free work to get LNU to a point that it can be used ... by the company they are working with?

Now we can rule out Apple and Coke because he's not likely to mention the company itself... just the ballpark. Who is in the ballpark of Apple or Coca Cola?

Here are the 5 biggest brands in the world:
    Apple. • Brand value: $214.48 billion.
    Google. • Brand value: $155.50 billion.
    Amazon. • Brand value: $100.76 billion.
    Microsoft. • Brand value: $92.72 billion.
    Coca-Cola. • Brand value: $66.34 billion

Not far behind are Facebook and Disney.

I'll not be so bold as to say I know which it is, but let's notice...
    • Disney announced a new streaming service to investors in its conference call last week (notice - NDA was until end of July. Conference call was 6th August. Service launching in Nov). Not all details released. No ads, but will be bundled with ESPN sports. Business insider says Disney execs are looking to sports as a key edge to beat Netflix, including "machine learning". Not just 'they like comedies' but, 'on the train they prefer shorter content, in the mornings they like highlights' "The endgame is for users to feel like Disney's platforms are choosing content just for them, like a good friend would.Like streaming-video rivals including Netflix, Disney is working to personalize the entire user experience, from the titles it recommends to the artwork portraying the recommendations." (full article: https://outline.com/MPkzkR ) Probably fair to assume that there are details they are deliberately still keeping secret from their competitors therefore if Disney, the NDA may still be in effect as they roll this out.
    • WarnerMedia will be launching a streaming service in 2020. They also want to have sports and news which they say may feature ads. Recall successful Warner trial and investment by village roadshow.

I think we can assume Google wouldn't be asking an NZ company to help them roll out software.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.